Children between the ages of 5 and 10 are in the “dynamo” stage of development.
They are now at a point where basic skills become the foundation for their continued growth. With the right mindset and curriculum, martial arts can help them build a more solid foundation for basic fundamental skills, which are essential for continued development.
Below are milestones that martial arts can help accomplish:
• Demonstrating DISCIPLINE by not acting silly when performing activities that require leadership.
• Demonstrating good FOCUS to the task at hand, with little or no distractions.
• Maintaining ATTENTION SPAN by following directions after only being told once.
• Demonstrating BALANCE by performing high repetitions of kicks without putting the foot down.
• Showing good CONTROL of the body while keeping it in motion.